Creative Spotlight : Jane Radstrom









I am a part of a centuries-old tradition of artists depicting the human form, but I also want my art to reflect the modern time in which
I live. Recently, I have been inspired by photographic effects, specifically the manipulation of exposure to create images that look 'real', but contain more than a single still image. In choosing poses, I focus on nuances of body language and expression. It is important to me that the girls are presented realistically, showing unidealized beauty and what I think of as a modern sense of confidence in candid moments. Layering multiple poses allows me to show varied expressions and capture a more nuanced portrayal of the model. I hope that when you stand in front of a piece you can feel the presence of the person depicted. 

Beautiful artworks by Jane Radstrom, a painter and designer based in Austin, Texas.
Jane Radstrom’s training includes a foundation in classical realism from Watts Atelier in San Diego, 
a BFA in Illustration from Ringling College of Art and Design, and a personal mentorship with renowned painter/illustrator Mark English. 
Her mastery is at drawing the human figure: capturing body language and expression to convey the presence of her subjects.
Jane Radstrom was kind enough to share her thoughts on creativity for Creativity Decoded project.
Read Jane Radstrom's contribution HERE.

Connect with Jane Radstrom via:

Popular Posts